Saturday, October 17, 2009

Papillary Perspective

Looking back on this past week feels almost like stepping out of a time machine. I feel like my life has been put on pause and I am just now getting a chance to look back, reflect, and let these events that just changed my life forever, finally sink in. It feels amazing to know that I have had the support and love of so many friends and family around me. The word that keeps popping into my head is miracle. When the surgeons came to my room to check on me after surgery, they explained how they had to move all the parts of my throat around to get the tumor out. One surgeon actually said that he held my voice box in his hands...that's an amazing miracle to me. Another dr. explained that they removed my parathyroids from my thyroid, there are four and they are as small as grains of rice and they are still there attaching to my throat, trying to function and get out of shock! That's how I feel right now too! Still in shock and amazed at how God's hands were covering me with his grace, filling me with peace and comfort in the midst of this trial.



I have been reading an awesome devotional every morning since all of this starting happening. The book is called Jesus Calling, written by Sarah Young. My one for October 14th (the day of my surgery) was perfect..and I quote "Be prepared to suffer for Me, in my name. When suffering strikes, remember that I am sovereign and that I can bring good out of everything. Do not try to run from pain or hide from problems. Instead accept adversity in My Name, offering it up to Me for My purposes. Thus, your suffering gains meaning and draws you closer to Me. Joy emerges from the ashes of adversity through your trust and thankfulness."
I am happy to say that I have experienced a whole new level of God's perfect peace through all of this. I am still recoving and dealing with the pain, but I know that God's promises are new every morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment