Saturday, October 17, 2009

Brooke Update

I just wanted to write a quick update. I saw Brooke yesterday, and she looks great! She was in good spirits, and Nick was taking the kiddos to South Georgia to visit with family...so it was going to be Brooke and her mama for the weekend. Hopefully, it'll give her lots of rest! She ate a little and drank sweet tea. I tried to bribe her with Chick-fil-a, but I think it's still difficult to eat. She said she isn't in much pain as long as she is taking her pain meds. She woke up early in the morning, and said it really hurt and hurt to talk because she had missed a dose over the night. She has a small spot on her throat where the incision was...and she said her jaws are really sore from the breathing tube. I think they had her mouth opened throughout the surgery, and she has TMJ. Other than that, she seemed incredible!

She has help until Wednesday, and then I think she will be on her own...with the girls. I know we'll all be on call if she needs help! We just all need to keep reminding her that!:) She has pictures from after the surgery...she doesn't rememeber taking them! I keep telling her to post them!:) They're cute and entertaining! Her next dr. appointment is on the 29th.

~Tammy

No comments:

Post a Comment