Monday, October 12, 2009

The Countdown Has Begun

I can't believe that I am already down to just days away from my surgery. I think that in a way it may be a blessing that things have moved so quickly. It has given me less time to worry and to try to take control of the situation. With it moving so fast, God has had to take control because I'm still catching my breath.

For now, I just want to write a quick update.

1st-I am so blessed to have so many people send their thoughts and prayers to me, and I have not been able to keep up with returning phone calls and updates! So, that is my goal through this blog is to be able to send an update so you know that you are close to us! Technology is wonderful, but between trying to keep contact with everyone through phones, emails, facebook, and everything else I can't seem to keep up with it all...so hopefully this will help! Let me warn you, this blog will have it all...the good, the bad, and the ugly...hopefully, more good than anything else. In all things though, you have to go through it all to make it to the end. With God's help, I know this is God's hand guiding me and my family.

2nd- Sometimes it may be a quick update and sometimes it may be long and sometimes it may be complete random ramblings! Just bear with me. I'm learning as I go.

3rd-I will be reading all your comments. So, please feel free to comment.

4th-You may see other people update or write on my blog. I know that life may get busy, especially over the next few weeks, so I have a few people helping keep the blog updated-
My mom, Joan; my sister, Sarah Beth; my friend, Tammy; and Nick, my husband. I'm sure after this experience, it will be quite a testimony to go back and have all of this journey written down. I hope to look back one day...with this journey far behind me...and think, "It was tough, but I did it!"

5th-surgery is set at EMORY for Wednesday, October 14, 2009. I am suppose to be there at five am.

Tomorrow, I'll write more about what the surgery is going to involve specifically.

1 comment:

  1. We're praying for you and your family down here in Valdosta!!! Your dependence on God right now is an awesome testimony to many! Keep your eyes up and know He's got His hands around you! Your blog is great, too! Thank you for keeping us posted!

    ReplyDelete