Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Sharing My Story


Ever since I was diagnosed with Thyroid Cancer, I prayed that God would use me to help others and that I could share my journey. Well, during my isolation I found out that three other people that I know were going throught this same experience. That was all in just a Short period of time and with people who I already knew. Although I am only a few steps ahead of them, my prayer was that God would use me to show HIS love and the peace, comfort and JOY that can only be found in HIM in the midst of trials. I received a call from my surgeon's office this afternoon that proves that GOD once again answers prayers and in a BIG way. I was asked to be interviewed by NBC! I agreed and spent an hour going over the detail with a producer. When I asked if this was actually going to be on TV for all of GA to see...she laughed! "Yes, it is NBC news nightly with Brian Williams and his crew",she answered. My heart began to race and my hands got shakey and while my voice was trembling, I managed to ask a few more questions to make sure I wasn't dreaming. One of them was how will I know what questions will be asked. "You won't!" she answered, as if it was no big deal, "just talk to him". Easy for her to say!! You see, I have a fear of public speaking...even in Sunday School or a group more than umm about 3 people. So when I registered that I would be "speaking" to people all over the nation, all I could do was PRAY! Thanking God that He chosed to uses the weak (me) to show HIS strength over and over again. Thanking Him for answering my prayers and praying that HE will speak through me. So please say a prayer tomorrow afternoon that God will once again shower me with his peace and overwhelm me with his faithfulness to speak though me! More updates tomorrow!

4 comments:

  1. You'll do great Brooke! You have been a great example of strength through all of this! I am constantly amazed at you! God uses you when you least expect it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG BFF!! That is AWESOME! Do not be nervous- just remember that you are a TRUE princess! God has used you in my life since the day I met you ten years ago. He has huge plans to use you in lots of others lives too! Call me after and let me know how it goes!! I love you. :) Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  3. In all the years I have known you, I would have ever thought that you couldn't speak in front of an audience. You hide your fear very well or shall I say the Lord does wonders with you when you are up there. I know that you will do an awsome job. You have always spoken from your heart and I know that this will be no different. If I haven't told you, which I am sure I have told you a lot, YOU ARE AN INSPIRATION to me! You are this little woman, with a little voice that commands attention with your poise, and your heart is as big as NYC! Well, I better let you get back to getting your thoughts together. I wish you the best and with GOD on yourt side, of course, you know there is nothing to worry about. But, I will say to you Good Luck! Love ya Much!
    Jovan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brooke - wanted you to know that I am following your journey and praying for you. You are such a beautiful young woman - how great to see you all grown up!!!! Also you have a lovely family. Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete