Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Our Beach Trip



I feel like I have been postponing this post because I wanted things to be picture perfect but we all know that is not how life is! So here's my story. Well....the week before we left was filled with sickness. Hallie had pink eye, Laney Grace sounded sick. I had an eye infection and had not been feeling well at all. I decided that I would take a trip to the Dr. just in case. I am glad I did b/c he said that I was on the verge of getting phenomena. Just what I needed to start my vacation, a large dose of medicine!





The trip and the beach were truly amazing. That is my little piece of paradise each year that leaves me refreshed and grateful! I absolutely love the place that we stay and the owner is generous enough to let us stay for free which is amazing ! I love being at the beach and seeing how beautiful Gods creation is and yet so detailed. Having kids has taken my understanding to a whole new level. In the business of life we forget to throw our hands up and praise him or we think we are just beyond that.

Well...I am not. I may not run on the beach and laugh like my little girls do, but inside my heart overflows. I am blessed. I am loved...by the very creator who made me and knows me full well. I think I have been waiting on my one year mark to look back and say, whew that was tough but we made it. God is showing me that He is much bigger than that. Its not about me...He wants all the glory for my healing and He holds my life in His hands. I may not feel great everyday or even feel like praising Him everyday, but I should and I trust that He holds my future and YOURS in His hands. I am left here on my knees and urge you to do the same. Please pray that God will heal my body but before u do that make sure to thank Him for all the blessings we have already taken for granted. May God bless you beyond what you can even imagine....


We went to church at the beach




Ate lots of ice cream at the sugar shack



Watched and cheered for Nick during his triathlon...which he placed 4th in the age group by the way!




and played in the ocean and the pool! It was a great vacation!

No comments:

Post a Comment