Monday, July 19, 2010

Mud pit



First of all let me start by saying that my husband is the most dedicated, hardest working person that I know. Once he gets his mind set on something, there is nothing that can stop him!!

Laney Grace is turning 4 this weekend, she has been "planning" her bday ALL year. For the past 3 years, Nick has taken on a big...HUGE project right before her bday. The first year a fence, then a double deck, and this year....our hill. He started this massive project Saturday, I woke up to find this huge machine in the backyard and dirt all around. As the weekend progressed the dirt turned to mud and continued to take over the backyard. I could not help but think about how this related to my life right now and the promise that God has given me.

"I waited patiently for the LORD; And He heard my cry.
He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand. He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God. Many will see and fear and put their trust in the LORD."


You never know when you will wake up and your life will change drastically. Your house might burn to the ground, you might lose your job, you might get in a wreck or you might lose someone you love. In Job 7:7 Job says "O God, remember that my life is but a breath.." I plan to read that book of the bible today. It's an amazing story about how Job chose to praise God in the midst of his extreme and excruciating circumstances.


As I was waiting to hear the results Friday, several things went through my mind. "What if it's back? That one word...Cancer, will it always be something that I fear or will I choose to embrace God's sovereignty?"

I am clinging to God's word and trusting that He will set my feet on a rock and my eyes on Him. I can already think of the song that he has given me. Here are the words so far (this is the song "I'm still yours" by Kutless.) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVyAMvx4PdQ

If You washed away my vanity
If You took away my words
If all my world was swept away
Would You be enough for me?
Would my beating heart still sing?

If I lost it all
Would my hands stay lifted
To the God who gives and takes away

If You take it all
This life You've given
Still my heart will sing to You

When my life is not what I expected
The plans I made have failed
When there's nothing left to steal me away
Will You be enough for me?
Will my broken heart still sing?

If I lost it all
Would my hands stay lifted
To the God who gives
And takes away

If You take it all
This life You've given
Still my heart
Will sing to You

Even if You take it all away
You’ll never let me go
Take it all away
But I still know

That I'm Yours
I'm still Yours

Oh, I'm Yours
I'm still Yours
I'm still Yours

2 comments:

  1. So encouraging! God is definitely using you...continue to stand close to His promises! Know that you have dozens and dozens of us that love you and pray for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Tammy! You are an amazing friend! Can't wait to see you at the beach this weekend!! :)

    ReplyDelete