Monday, April 26, 2010

Sweet Release

I went Friday morning to Emory for my scan. Just walking through those doors again, brought back a flood of memories and emotions. Some that haven't even had time to catch up with me yet. This last six months has been a blurr. It's surreal. My mom went with me to the appointment, I was so glad that she was there. I appeared to be so nervous, tapping my feet and walking around. She kept asking me what I was so anxious about. I never could figure it out! I was not afraid of the results, although I was hoping they would magically appear that same day. I was not afraid of the Doctors. I have grown to love and appreciate each and every person that works at that hospital. It's amazing the kindness and compassion that I have been shown.

I guess it just made me realize how every person in there was hurting in some way. They were there for a reason. You might not know just by looking at someone what pain they have just been through or what victory they are celebrating. You don't even know what tomorrow holds for yourself!!

In a matter of months, I have been to Emory countless times, had so much bloodwork that I felt like a pin cushion, had tests run, been through surgery, had treatment, and am taking new medication that is now just a normal part of my day.

I am thankful. I am glad that God picked me. I have no idea what his plan is or what I will encounter next, but I praise him for his love, grace, and mercy. For the ways that he has comforted me through others and for the way that I am learning to comfort others. I am able to experience His love in a whole new way!

I wanted to walk up to each patient and ask what they were going through. How could I help? What could I pray for? Did they knew the hope that I have found? The joy that comes through the sweet release of just trusting God and not having to have control. So whatever the results, whatever the next step. I am trusing in HIM!

No comments:

Post a Comment